As I mentioned in many of my posts, in Linux you can find text mode applications for various works such as music player, web browser, download manager, instant messenger and so on. The aim of this post is to introduce text mode torrent client with its installation procedure.
For torrenting in text mode there are numbers of applications are available such as GUI. One of the most powerful and famous one is Rtorrent which uses Ncurses library for providing better interface in terminal. In this post Rtorrent is used.
Fortunetly Rtorrent is available in Ubuntu default repository, therefore, for installing it just type the following command in terminal.
$ sudo apt-get install rtorrent
After installation completion, you can start downloading a torrent file like below,
$ rtorrent MyTorrentFile.torrent
Here some common commands of the application are described.
- CTRL+Q : Quiting the application.
- CTRL+S : Starting download.
- CTRL+D : Stop downloading.
- + and – : Change download priority.
- a|s|d : Increase the upload throttle by 1/5/50 KB.
- A|S|D : Increase the download throttle by 1/5/50 KB.
- z|x|c : Decrease the upload throttle by 1/5/50 KB.
- Z|X|C : Decrease the download throttle by 1/5/50 KB.
- ^P|^N|^B|^F : Up, Down, Left, and Right.
More information could be found on the man page of Rtorrent.
send your idea and information to email@example.com